Swancon 2018, the 57th Australian National Science Fiction Convention, is running a short story competition with the support of the Australian Science Fiction Foundation. Link to the entry form is at the bottom of this page.
Preferred submission format is a PDF file. Font should be 12 point Times or Times New Roman. Story can be in standard manuscript format (double spaced, hanging indent) or can have basic style formatting applied (e.g. justification, single spaced with space between paragraphs, italics and bolding).
Authors having difficulty with supplying a PDF file should contact the competition coordinators (email@example.com) early to discuss alternative options.
Age categories: Under 14s, Under 18s, Open. Age determined at 31 st March 2018.
- Stories must be one or more of science fiction, fantasy, horror, or speculative fiction.
- Transformative works, including fan fiction, are acceptable. Minimum word count of 500 words, maximum word count 7500 words.
- The work must be the original work of the submitting authors. A maximum of two works per author may be submitted; multiple author works are included in this count.
- Eligibility: Stories may be submitted if the author is living in Australia, is an Australian citizen regardless of current country of residence, or will be attending the convention. For multiple author works, it is sufficient for one author to meet these requirements.
- Submission Deadline: Individual submissions are due by midnight (Western Australian Time) on Wednesday the 28th February. Class submissions facilitated by a teacher, are due by midnight (Western Australian time) on Friday 2nd of March.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prizes: First prize in each category $100. Other prizes to be determined based on submissions.
Copyright of submitted works is retained by the author(s).
You must be logged in to post a comment.